It's been a bit since I posted last and I have a really good excuse I promise...VACATION! We had wonderful time boating, fishing, swimming, roasting marshmallows and just generally relaxing. Little A caught his first fish, we went on a 4 seater airplane thanks to my uncle's friend and A even got to drive the boat (while I panicked lol!)
While vacation was fun, what eating all the vacation food did to my Weight Watchers plan was not so fun. This week has been all about detoxing from vacation. We tried to really limit sugars and processed foods. I have a bunch of recipes to share with you over the next few days, but for today I wanted to share a delicious muffin recipe we are using to satisfy the weekend sweet tooth that won't quit no matter how hard we try :)
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
1 large egg, beaten
1.5c white whole wheat flour (or other flour of your choice)
1/8c Truvia (original recipe called for 1/2c honey, but I didn't want that much sugar)
1/2c fat free milk
2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt (can reduce salt if you want, but I didn't taste it at all)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pour beaten egg into large bowl. Add applesauce, honey, Truvia and milk and mix well.
3. Add baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix well.
4. Add flour 1/2c at a time and mix well.
5. Fold in blueberries (you can also add Craisins, nuts, diced apples. Really any mix in you want, just don't add more than 1c total! See note below.)
6. Grease (or use muffin liners) 12 muffin cups. Fill 2/3 full with batter.
7. Bake for ~20 minutes.
Note: Batter will be thick and sticky, it is even okay if it is lumpy. If you use more than 1c total of mix-ins, the batter will get too thick and the muffins may not hold when you bake them.
WW Point Plus= 3 per muffin
These are really delicious and filling. The whole wheat flour makes them pretty dense, which is nice when you are looking for a filling muffin.